Out of all my classes, aromatherapy was one that really amazed me!
The idea of medicinal-grade therapeutic essential oils at first was very alien to me. I had always seen “essential oils” from my early days in head shops, co-ops, and metaphysical stores. And I always knew that they smelled pretty, but I never knew how they truly worked. I thought they were all the same, and then I took my first Aromatherapy class in 2012.
From that point onward I saw essential oils as pure high-quality medicines. And it makes sense.
For centuries our ancestors prized essential oils more than jewels or gold, some for their pleasant aromas, but mostly for their ability to fight off dis-ease on all levels: mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual.
Today, Young Living is an honest company that “has grown to become the world leader in essential oils and wellness solutions. Headquartered in Lehi, Utah, with offices in Australia, Europe, Canada, Japan and Singapore, as well as farms around the world, Young Living stays true to Gary Young’s original vision. And with our steadfast commitment to essential oil purity, we’ve inspired millions of people everywhere to experience Nature’s gifts of wellness and harmony, to create abundance as Young Living distributors, and to discover new opportunities for lifelong transformation.”
Our Vision is to bring Young Living Essential Oils to every home in the world.
How are Young Living Essential Oils Produced? Seed to Seal
Did You Know? By Pamela Meeker, YL Member & Reiki Practitioner
- Therapeutic-grade essential oils are MUCH different than store-bought essential oils in that they can be used topically, internally, and diffused for medicinal purposes.
- Therapeutic-grade essential oils can destroy harmful fungi, viruses, and bacteria in the air we breathe as well as inside our bodies. While being deadly to pathogenic microbes, they are actually harmless and helpful to humans.
- One drop of therapeutic-grade essential oil will cover every cell in your body with 40,000 molecules in less than 20 minutes!
- Essential oils can act like hormones to keep our organs and bodily functions in balance and can even fill in the differences, or stimulate our bodies to produce, when our bodies do not manufacture the hormones we need.
- Essential oils can elevate our bodily frequencies, helping us to stay healthy and immune to disease. Their vibrations resonate with our tissues in helpful ways according to our wishes and mental directions.
- Essential oils have been used for thousands of years in nearly every culture in the world for health, beauty, and healing. They represent centuries of ancient wisdom.
- Essential oils are nature’s most powerful antioxidants that cleanse free radicals from our systems. This helps maintain a state of wellness and can extend our life spans.
- Essential oils work in our limbic systems to help clear negative feelings and blocked emotions, thus eliminating the root causes of many diseases and conditions.
- Essential oils support and increase our intuitive powers and sharpen our spiritual awareness, which is why religions all over the world, from ancient times to present, diffuse the aromas of essential oils as incense in their sanctuaries in order to facilitate effective meditation and prayer.
- Essential oils work on all human levels: physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual.
How Do Essential Oils Work?
- When inhaled, essential oil molecules bind with our olfactory system receptor hairs that then send them via neurons to the olfactory bulb under the frontal lobe of the brain, which then sends them throughout the body via the limbic, endocrine, and autonomic nervous system. They travel towards the midbrain, onward to the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, pineal gland, medula oblongata, sympathetic chain, and thyroid down the spinal cord to the rest of the body.
- When applied topically, essential oils penetrate the skin through pores and hair follicles, where they are absorbed by tiny capillaries where they enter the microcirculatory system and travel throughout the body until they are excreted via urine, feces, perspiration, or exhalation.
- When ingested in food/drinks or capsule form, the essential oils are directly absorbed into the olfactory system, bloodstream, and digestive tract. Essential oils act quicker than other pill forms, because they are already broken down into their smallest digestable state. Less energy is needed to metabolize essential oils than traditional medicines.
The Layman’s Terms: When inhaled, essential oils go straight to the brain where they travel down the spinal cord, and disperse throughout the rest of the body visiting all your cell glands, nerves, and body systems. When applied to the skin, they are absorbed into the bloodstream where they are distributed visiting all your cell organs, tissues, and body systems. When taken by mouth, they are absorbed through your nose to the brain, and through the tongue to your bloodstream. They continue along your digestive system with your food/drink and travel along until they are excreted.
Interested? Contact Me Today!
I use Young Living Medicinal-Grade Essential Oils with all of my clients, and they always walk away with a smile on their face. Whether they have taken a Reiki session or a Holistic Health, Tarot, or Spiritual Consultation, I use these oils because I trust them! Whether you want to do a local Young Living Party, a consultation, or even to join the Young Living company let me know!
I can be reached via email or phone.
- derek AT completehealthcircle DOT com
Young Living Essential Oils Discover Guide
Aromatherapy: Soothing Remedies to Restore, Rejuvenate, and Heal by Valarie Gennari Cooksley, R.N. 2002 Edition
Diagram courtesy of The Coastal Star