This Reiki workshoppe is a game changer. It i s the way of the Heyoka, Native American Fool, user of chaos medicine, and mirrors.
Shihan Usui Reiki Level 4 for Teachers
$300 (100 Hours) TWO 5-hour days, followed by THIRTY 3 hrs. Seminars
This class is offered as an ecourse and locally with an interactive online component. The Fourth Level focuses on spiritual advancement as you learn how to connect with the founding principles of Shinto, Tendai Mikkyo, and Shugendo via spiritual leaders and modern Zen masters. It is at this level that the Shihan prepares students to embrace their responsibility as teacher and mutual student. Students will also learn the skill of the Kyudo Way of the Bow, and Koan. This course expands from an initial 2-day workshoppe, which will give each student hands-on practice and facilitate a better understanding of what it means to become a Sensei. Students will be required to complete 10 hours of unpaid reiki therapy and 5 hours of community service at a local place of worship, garden, park, hospital, homeless shelter, nursing home, or non-profit. In order to receive certification, students will keep a journal documenting a Usui 21-day detox for purification and energetic clarity; and 40-day challenge, over the period of this 13 month course.
PREREQUISITES: Usui Reiki 1 Certification , Usui Reiki 2 Certification, Advanced Usui Reiki Certification, and Usui Reiki 3 Certification from me or another Reiki Master Teacher. However, an interview tea will need to be completed to see where you and your studies are currently at. You may not be ready for this level, or perhaps will be better suited to a higher level of course study.
REQUIRED Level IV class materials include:
- Completion of all the above PREREQUISITE materials
- Holistic Arts Institute Usui Reiki Level III Handbook (2012) (PDF File)
- Healey Institute for Healers Usui Reiki Level IV Handbook (2016) (PDF File)
How to Know God: The Soul’s Journey into the Mystery of Mysteries by Dr. Deepak Chopra
How Can I Help? by Ram Dass
- Being Peace by Thich Nhat Hanh
- The Art of Communicating by Thich Nhat Hanh
- Compassion in Action: Setting Out on the Path of Service by Ram Dass
- A Religion of One’s Own by Thomas Moore
Each student will Master the following Coursework over the course of the following year at different Reiki Dharma Seminars:
- Shinto 101
- Shinrin-joku “Forest Bathing” (Fieldtrip)
- Shugendo 101 (Shugendo Now Documentary)
- Tarot 101
- Tendai Mikkyo
- Aikijujutsu Martial Arts
- Seven Stages of God: Stages 1-3
- Seven Stages of God: Stages 3-5
- Seven Stages of God: Stages 6-7
- A Manual for Saints
- Strange Powers
- Contacting God
- Natural Compassion
- The Way of Social Action
- Walking Each other Home
- How to Walk
- Being Peace: Suffering is Not Enough
- Working for Peace
- Communicating with Self
- Communicating with Others
- Loving Speech
- Creating Community
- Communicating Compassion
- Be Like Gandhi & Act from the Heart
- Stay Awake to Suffering
- Take the Leap
- The Natural Mystic
- The Cloister in the World
- Living Your Bliss
- The Way of the Bow: Koans
Each student will be attuned to Reiki 4 at the end of each training. The attunement is a process that happens between the Reiki Master/Teacher and the student. As the auras of the two people meld together, the student’s energy channels open and obstructions or blockages start to release. Each time a person receives an attunement, a larger percentage of this density releases. With less obstruction, the light of the Universe flows brighter and more in phase, like a coherent laser beam. Each Reiki Master has their own way of passing attunements, and various methods are valid. I just so happen to attune people at a Buddhist Temple sometimes. You needn’t be Buddhist or even religious to participate. All faiths/non-faiths are welcome!
An attunement does not give you anything new; it opens and aligns what is already a part of you. Attunements offer a sacred moment, a memorable crossing from one phase of life to another. It heightens and strengthens your capability to send healing outward into the world to your family, friends, and community. During an attunement, as many different things are experienced as there are initiates. Some see colours, others see pictures, and still others recall past lives. Some are filled with light or a feeling of total peace, wonder or love. Some may perceive more than others do. When asked to place their hands upon someone else to bring the energy through, the new Reiki healer may experience for the first time the Reiki characteristic of heat radiating through their hands.
We will all meet at The Interfaith Center in Albany by 8:30am for the training. There will be a break for lunch around noon, (Please bring your own homemade food, I only ask that it be fresh and organic to help facilitate your attunement process.) Herbal waters, Tea, and Healthy Refreshments will be provided. After lunch we will discuss some more followed by a meditation and attunements. After the attunements, I will give you all some time to talk amongst yourselves, meditate and possibly write/reflect in your journals. Then we will all gather for a walk to Washington Park, followed by a Japanese dinner at the Shogun restaurant.
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING:
- Gaian Tarot deck
- A notebook and pen.
- A crystal of your choice for concentration.
- A healthy lunch, and water/tea bottle.
- A walking stick (not required)
- A yoga mat (not required)
- Please dress comfortably and accordingly. (It gets quite cold OCTOBER-APRIL.)
(Bring a sweater/hoodie should it get cool. This is a RAIN/SNOW or SHINE event.)
-Please feel free to bring non-toxic bug spray/sun block since this will be an all day event until around 5pm. (MAY-SEPTEMBER)
TRAINING COST: The training cost of the first day is $300 and non-refundable to help pay for course materials and time. (You will need to PREPAY a $80 depsoit for your Book Bundle and to secure your spot.) Other training out there can be very expensive, and so in a way to help and teach everyone of every financial situation I have created the above price, alternative payment options and this Scholarship.
Shihan Book Bundle – $100 US
Tuition – $195 US
Training Room Fee – $5 US
Monthly Reiki Dharma Seminars – Included with tuition (Series of 30 Above)
CANCELATIONS & MISSED TRAININGS
If you for some reason miss a class, you will automatically be added to the next month’s training date, and an additional $35 US (Reiki Dharma Seminars $10 US) will have to be charged. Of course things come up and happen, however I have to secure and maintain the training space and this allows us to keep running. If students never showed up, we would not be able to maintain the center.
Please be considerate and respectful of other students and your teacher.
You will be attuned the day of the training, however, as stated above you will not be certified until you complete the following criteria:
- Completed Reading of Shipiden Book Bundles
- Complete the 21-day Detox
- Complete the 40-Day Challenge
- Complete 10 Hands-on & Distanced Practicum Practice Sessions
- Complete 10 Practicum Attunements
- Complete PROJECT: 50 Random Acts of Kindness & Gratitude, includes 3 Peace Vigil Walks
- Complete PROJECT: Sacred Retreat
- Complete all 30 Reiki Dharma Seminars (See above for course list)
- Complete Oral Presentation (10 Question Final Exam)
Study Guide will be provided.
Students are expected to practice Reiki daily, obey the Five Principles, make an effort to live those principles in their daily lives, encourage mental & emotional growth, practice Hatsureiho daily for self-cleansing & spiritual enhancement, and to continue spiritual development by attending regular training seminars to receive extra Rei-ju attunements for cleansing, purification, and to strengthen their abilities to access Reiki.
THIS is also open to any degree practitioner for a tune up/refresher. ((This course is also available as an eCourse)) (*If you are interested in the class/distanced eCourse, message me: http://www.facebook.com/healey.derek )
COURSE SYLLABUS: The goals for the first day’s training will be that the Student will be able to:
- Explain the importance of being prepared when learning/teaching Reiki.
- Explain the importance of sharing when learning/teaching Reiki.
- Explain the importance of letting others share when learning/teaching Reiki.
- Explain the importance of taking lots of breaks when learning/teaching Reiki.
- Explain the importance of drinking lots of water while learning/teaching Reiki.
- Explain the importance of knowing one’s limits when learning/teaching Reiki.
- Explain the importance of relaxing and having fun when learning/teaching Reiki.
- And SO MUCH MORE…
Learning to become a Teacher is a process. It takes time, dedication, and diligence. It takes patience of the Self and of the world. Every student in my opinion is a Master-in-Training. Everyone and every experience is a Teacher. Once again students are asked to develop their personal practice before moving on to the Fifth Level of Shichidan Advanced Teachings.