*WARNING!* This is YOUR time. So, put down the kid, the dishes, the homework. Set aside the bills, the television, the cell phone. Remember & ask your Self. Do you really have time to read this? If not…say “HECK YES!” and make the time. Gift it to yourself. Everyone needs alone time. Everyone needs to “OM-out” from time to time. Allow yourself this moment. It’s calling you. So, pour yourself some ‘YUM!’, grab a plate of ‘MMM…’ and make some ‘SHH’ time.
So, dear ones. Hello, how are you as you are entering this time for yourself? Let’s have a heart-to-heart, reacquaint ourselves, and get in on the gossip!
This last week was a slow but FUN one! Here’s a look-see in “A Life of Derek”:
- Warrior Dash! And an attempted viewing of the Perseid meteor shower on Sunday. (We’ll catch up next year.)
- Morning Meditation on Monday. (Such a WONDERFUL stretch!)
- Went to wine glass on Tuesday. (Nose got a bit numb, lol.)
- Fresh Chocolate Chip cookies & movie on Wednesday. (“A Bit of Heaven” is SUCH a tear jerker, but makes you appreciate what you have now. Life is too short.)
- Had a yummy vegetarian lunch with a friend on Thursday. (Veggie Tacos & apple danish for dessert! Yum!)
- Left for the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania on Friday. (Found LOTS of metal chickens! Haha…)
- Morning Mimosas & Swam in Bear Lake on Saturday. (What better way to start the day?)
- Enjoyed a welcoming night home & fell asleep by the fire cuddling with fury critters & soul sister in the hammock on Sunday. (The woolies and Ms. Beaver kept us warm and happy.)
This week was filled with bachelorette games, ghost walks, and chocolate frogs. Walks, prayer, and song. Cuddling up in blankets in the cold of the night was a beautiful end to such a beautiful week!
I am continuing with Jon Kabat-Zinn’s Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life. Each day is a new task, a different insight. I also grabbed up Kenneth Meadows’ Shamanic Spirit: A Practical Guide to Personal Fulfillment and fondly flipped through one of my favourites: Ellen Dugan’s Autumn Equinox: The Enchantment of Mabon.
Mmm, so dearies, how will you reflect, on your week past?
How will you incorporate last week’s challenge in your daily life? How will you incorporate this week’s?
I would love to hear! Feel free to reply/comment below! Your words are powerful & inspire ME!
This week, I challenge you to “cozy-on-up!” As the temperatures are descending, it gives us an excuse to get closer together. Grab a blanket, and a friend or loved one and snuggle up with each other. Have some quality time just you and them. You could even invite the whole house. Have fun and see how many you can fit in a bed. Laugh, tickle and tell each other stories. Read together. Sing together. Fall asleep together.
Today’s Affirmation: “There is beauty in the world.”
Tuesday’s Affirmation: “I am a sweet, sweet love. A love that is mine.”
Wednesday’s Affirmation: “Am I really seeing? Or just my thoughts? I will see without bias.”
Thursday’s Affirmation: “Soft. My touch will be soft and filled with love.”
Friday’s Affirmation: “As the leaves fall, I smile and remember.”
Saturday’s Affirmation: “May I savour the season as it changes. As I too change.”
Sunday’s Affirmation: “I shall love. And be loved. And love and love some more. I am worth it.”